Thursday, June 19, 2008

take what you want from this.. my opinions and a few quotes..

"Freedom is being able to choose whoever and whatever you want to be at any moment in your life. If you have to act in a particular way to avoid being something you don't like, you're trapped. You've limited your freedom and robbed yourself of your wholeness. If you can't be lazy, you can't be free. If you can't be angry when something upsetting happens, you can't be free. If you deal with someone's behavior by being the opposite, question yourself. If you are constantly annoyed by a particular group of people, find the ways in which you are like them. It's not only our negative traits that we project onto other people; it's also our positive traits."

"If there is an aspect of ourselves that we don't accept, we'll continually attract people in our lives who act out that aspect. The universe will keep trying to show us who we really are and to help make us whole again. Most of us have buried these disowned aspects so deep we can't see where we could possible be a particular kind of person that we look at with distaste. However, if a particular type of person keeps showing up in your life, it's for a reason."


These quotes are from The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford.

I know I was suppose to tell you about my psychic reading and show you my "ladies" (for those just tuning in, I bought a mannequin and a headless torso to display things on..) but this book came into conversation with my Aunt who I went to the reading with yesterday. I thought I would share them with you. I believe life is always trying to teach us things we need to learn for this life. Sometimes it's lessons are difficult.. sometimes they are simple but damn.. they can be annoying.

My psychic reading was entertaining, but not really enlightening. He told me things I already knew deep down that I needed to do. He reassured me that I am a beautiful, delicate young lady who will meet her mate before the end of the year. (I really am just not looking..) And he told me this is the year of change. Many changes. Always good to hear as my house looks like a cluttered thrift store (which makes sense because I love to go to thrift stores.. but I WANT to get more organized.. and I HAVE been trying to work on that!)

I believe the theory of The Law of Attraction. I do believe that if you focus on what you want in the right way, it will be attracted to you as long as your intentions are wholesome. I believe things happen for reasons mainly to teach you or to put you in a situation that will bring you through trials which in the end, teach you. I have on many occasions acted, said or did things that were not quite like me (although very much me as I did play them out) in which I believe it's due to the fact that the person I was with, needed to encounter that trait or situation. Believe me, when I lay down at night, I review what I have done that day and sometimes notice things I said or did that were almost like I had no choice to do them. I just did them. There was no decision, it just played out that way. I always believe things like that happen to either teach me or them. It happens all the time in this world, I just dont think people dwell on it the way I do. :)

Can you tell I skipped the coffee this morning and brewed up a cup of Rooibos tea and a cup of Green tea?! *smirk*

Anyhow, Im starting to feel like I should get a bath drawn (I'm kinda cold and want to relax), floors swept and mopped and maybe my manni's set up? I hope pictures are to follow in my next post!

Until then, delightful, worthwhile spirits..
hugs all around!

No comments: