Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I came with intentions..

And intentions are GREAT!! However, this time I did not follow my intentions. I was all revved up to come here and delete everything. Start new. Fresh page, blank canvas.

I am glad I didn't. I will continue on with my blog and start making a commitment to actually post to it all the time. I have me a somewhat new, personal laptop.. I thought in my mind that THAT would help me. It has and it hasn't.

Anyhow, welcome to 2011! I have made some changes to my life and even though it has only been about two weeks of implementing these changes, I am patting myself on the back and sticking to it.

They say it takes 28 days to create a new habit. The month of February is PERFECT for making new healthy habits!

It's also my birthday month and well, something different has to happen. I have learned quite a lot of stuff, but things haven't worked optimally for a while now. Sooooo.. if you have read earlier blogs, you would know what my basement looks like. I am working on that STILL to this day!! (It didn't get like that over night!) I am also simplifying the rest of my house. It's going well! I aim for one bag out a week and two boxes to consignment stores on weeks that they are accepting goods.

I have also been juicing veggies. It's a quick way of getting an energy boost AND your veggies! However, you lose a lot of fiber by juicing. I have to make sure to take the time to create salads too.

I have also quit smoking! woo woo!! Anyhow, I vowed to myself that I would NOT be a smoker when I hit 33. I just took the initiative on January 30th so that I wasn't grouchy on my birthday! I thought I was a genius for this discovery! It turns out it's a pretty logical idea.

Anyhow, I am still working on a few things, which I will have to get back to. I'm off to get some beef stock to whip my family up a wonderful roast tonight!

X's and all that!

No comments: